The first time you look at this bike, your reaction probably will be: “This is electric??... No way!!!” The Motorino XMb looks like a motorbike used as a prop in the Indiana Jones movies or like a WW II combat bike. And when you knock on its gas tank, you understand that the XMb is not an illusion.
The Motorino XMb gives you all of the fun of riding a real motorcycle. It will turn heads when you are on the road. Bystanders will be surprised not only by its quiet operation and lack of smoke, but by its quick acceleration typically not expected in old time motorcycles.
It is built with a 72V/20 Amphour battery, stateoftheart SineWave controller with our proprietary CCT drivetrain, and 12” hub motor more efficient than others. You can travel up to 60km distance on a single charge of its battery and its range can be increased to 80km with a 25AH Lithium battery. The most significant feature of the Motorino XMb is its look, but the power of the drivetrain is no less impressive.
The 12” motor and matching CCT SineWave controller were selected to provide an incredible torque for its 500W motor 127 Newton/meters higher than any 50CC gas scooter. That combination makes this bike extremely powerful when riding uphill and also provides quick acceleration.
The Motorino XMb is built on a robust motorcycle chassis that delivers a solid, stable, and comfortable ride. The front protection bar offers even more solidity and safety. It has full size front suspension providing a soft and stable ride. The XMb seat is longer than most Motorino models and has a conveniently positioned foot rest that is very comfortable for two people. It features 12” tubeless DOT approved motorcycle grade tires. Its hydraulic disk brakes have oversized disks, so along with its 4” wide tires, braking is very efficient even in wet conditions. The retro looking dashboard doesn’t lack any features of contemporary motorcycle’s one. When you buy an ebike you look for power, riding comfort and look.Those are the three main features that set the Motorino XMb apart from the other brand electric scooters. The drive train provides a torque to conquer mountains with minimal electrical losses because of XMb’s more efficient 12” motor.
As another bestselling Motorino, the XMb gets away very well with fewer plastic parts, making the bike more durable than other bikes. The SineWave controller provides very smooth regenerative braking preventing the wheels from locking. It also contributes to more efficient regenerations and thanks to the 12” motor more energy is recuperated back in the battery.
Unique Electric Drive Design
As seen on all MOTORINO™ XP models this scooter is fitted with our unique CCT drive system. This drive system provides three electronic gears allowing selection of high torque, high speed or high range, depending on the riders preference and road conditions, while maintaining a high motor efficiency. Rated at 500W continuous power, our CCT system is capable of providing peak torque comparable to that seen in 50cc gas scooters with zero emissions and all the advantages of a Motor Assisted Cycle (MAC) classification (no license, no insurance, free parking).
Hydraulic Brakes with ABS
The dual hydraulic disk brakes are equipped with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) which ensures safe and effective braking.
ABS is a very important feature for scooters as it greatly reduces the possibility of brake lock up and therefore provides the rider a better chance of steering out of trouble.
Battery and regeneration
As with all MOTORINO™ XP models, the scooter also features regenerative braking; this takes energy normally wasted during braking and turns it into usable energy which is returned to the battery pack, extending your driving rang and increasing the efficiency of your MOTORINO™. Regenerative braking not only provides energy to the battery, it also extends the life of your brake pads to almost double that seen on typical gas scooters.
- 12” MOTORINO CCT 500W 72V high-torque three-phase AC permanent-magnet brushless
- MOTORINO CCT Sine-Wave controller with regenerative braking and cruise control
- 125 Nm
Standard Battery Pack
- 72V 20A-h sealed lead-acid (VRSLA)
Optional Battery Pack
- 72V 26A-h Lithium ion (LiFePO4) main
Power System Protection
- 60A resettable circuit breaker, low-voltage cut-out (by controller), LiFePO4: internal over and under voltage cut-out
- SLA, 72V 3A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~7.5-hour charge time
- Li-ion, 72V 5A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~5-hour charge time
12V Subsystem Converter
- DC/DC 72V<12V 10A (powers all lighting and accessory outlet)
- standard automotive lighter socket
USB Charging Port
- front and rear hydraulic disk brakes with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking system)
- regenerative, acting on rear wheel (via hub motor), triggered by front or rear brake actuation
- full size direct-acting inverted twin internal spring/hydraulic shock
- Trailing arm over spring/hydraulic dual shocks
- 3.5×12” cast alloy
- 120/70-12” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
- 3.5×12” steel rim with integral motor, alloy side plates
- 120/70-12” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
Body & Chassis
- Motorcycle-grade high-tensile steel frame
- ABS composite, epoxy paint
- Platform type, removable cranks
- Padded, double place, 76cm (30”) above ground
- Analog Speedometer/Odometer, Volt Gauge, Turn Signal/High Beam Indicators
- Automotive grade LED headlight bulb
- Dual rear-view mirrors, horn, dual high/low beam automotive grade LED headlights with running light, front and rear turn signals, tail light, brake light
- License plate light
- Hazard lights
- Built-in vibration sensitive alarm system with two remote controls, steering lock, electronic motor lock
Range (SLA Battery Pack)
- up to 60km**
Range (LiFePO4 Battery Pack)
- up to 80km**
- 32km/h (governed as per vehicle class regulation)
Load Incline [%] [Kg] [Lbs] 60 132 26 75 165 24 90 198 22 105 231 20 120 264 17
Dimensions & Weights
Weight (Without Battery Pack)
- 75kg (165lb)
Battery Pack Weight
- 41kg (90lb)
Optional Battery Pack Weight
- 21kg (46lb)
- 120cm (47”)
- 70cm (27.5”)
- 180cm (71”)
Maximum Payload Capacity, Including Rider(s)
- 170 kg (375 lb)
- Alarmed disk brake lock
- Chain lock
- Cup holder
- GPS tracker
- Hand warmers
- Two-way alarm with 150m range transmitter
- Rain cover
- Rear cargo box
- Wheel lock