IMMACULATE DESIGN AND OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE
The Motorino XMl elevates the Motorino brand to a whole new level. This bike has already made it to the European market under the Super Soco brand. As soon as you see this bike you will immediately assume that it is manufactured by a famous motorcycle manufacturer with extensive experience in design and production. You would be right.This bike is a collaborative project of the likes of BOSCH, PANASONIC and other European companies contributing not only to its immaculate design and outstanding performance but to its rigidity and durability as well.
Even so, this bike is still classified as a bicycle in Canada! You will enjoy the freedom of riding on bike lanes just like every other Motorino.
This is the first Motorino scooter that will have a standard removable Lithium battery without the option of a Lead-acid battery. It is built with 60V/26AH Panasonic high energy density Lithium battery cells, exactly the same batteries used in Tesla cars. This battery will power the bike for a ground-breaking distance of 80km. The battery is encased in an elegant aircraft aluminum shell. The battery compartment can take two sets of batteries that will double its range. It is also removable and can be charged on or off the bike. The battery BMS sophisticated algorithm calculates dynamically its State of Charge (SOC) and displays this on the dashboard in the form of remaining riding distance available. We will also offer an Android and OS dedicated app can receive this information as well soon.
The 12” BOSCH motor rotor is the rear cast aluminum wheel itself and it has been developed as precisely as a Swiss watch. This motor can effortlessly support a peak power equivalent to more than three horse power when accelerating or used on steep inclines but it rolls back to 500W when used on flat terrain. The excess of backup power prevents it from overheating thus extending its lifespan indefinitely. Nevertheless, the motor applies full power exactly when demanded. The torque is the main criteria for the capability of a bike and the XMl boasts over 130NM torque at speed of 25km/h.
The heart of the bike—the controller—is encased in a one piece ribbed die-cast aluminum box for exceptional heat dissipation. It is mounted on the front of the bike for more efficient cooling although its oversized current ratings would allow it to stay cool even during long uphill rides. It is a Field Oriented Controller (FOC) which has a vector control algorithm that maintains efficiency in a wide range of speeds. This controller also dynamically takes into consideration torque changes according to the road conditions. Finally, it is equipped with a dedicated processor monitoring all electronic components ensuring a safe and efficient ride for you.
The quality of the mechanical parts of the Motorino XMl is no less impressive than the quality of the electrical components. The unique mechanical construction starts from the chassis that is designed on the basis of the split frame concept of a racing motorcycle. This allows both a robust and light construction. The front end is robot-welded carbon steel that is then painted by electrophoresis. This only weighs 6kg. The rear half of the frame is robot-welded aluminum alloy argon and subjected to T6 heat processing to the strength of 240MPa. This means the bike is strong enough to carry a load of up to 150kg (330lb).
Along with its impressive rigidity, the XMl also comes with the comfort of exceptional suspension. The bike is supported by inverted 700mm long and 35mm wide motorcycle grade front shock absorbers. With 200mm travel distance strong torsion resistance, and an aggressively positioned angle, it provides a comfortable ride even on rough terrain. The rear hydraulic and adjustable monoshock adds to the incredible comfort of the XMl.
BRAKES and SAFETY features
The Motorino XMl is equipped with a massive 220mm disk hydraulic double piston front brake with oversized floating callipers. Since on any bike the front brakes absorb 80% of the pressure of braking, this brake will more than handle any situation you are in. On the real wheel, a 180mm hydraulic disk brake is installed. also, waterproofed switches on the rear and front brake lever activate the regenerative motor brakes recuperating the kinetic energy and returning it to the battery. The smooth regenerative braking is always applied prior to the mechanical braking, thus acting as an Anti Block System (ABS). The battery BMS algorithm also ensures that the maximum amount of converted electric power is utilized.
Six LED modules are incorporated in the Polycarbonate high/low beam head light enclosure. These provide brighter and more wide illumination than the equivalent capabilities of a halogen headlight. Over 8000 lumens are concentrated in 35 degrees beam at high beam mode. Thirty independent LED support wide area daylight running light. The rear running and brake LED lights are wrapped around the rear end providing 270 degree visibility. The front and rear LED turn signals are 40cm apart from each other that make this bike compliant as motorcycle, although is regulated as bicycle now.
DISPLAY, GAGES, SWITCHES
An extra wide bright dashboard displays Current speed and error codes, Total mileage, Controller temperature, Real time output current, Battery State of Charge, Distance per charge, trip distance and remaining distance, Ambient temperature and current time. All these data can be displayed on a smart phone screen when the application is available at the middle of the year. Three electronic gear switch, hi/low beam headlight switch and motor kill switch are ergonomically position on the right-side handle bar.
Motorino XMl has mechanical and electronic theft protection devices. It is equipped with steering wheel lock that locks the handlebar in one position. Apart from that it is equipped with electronic keyless starting system that makes almost impossible to start the bike if you don’t have the remote ignition activation knob. The Motor automatically locks-up if the remote control is not present nearby. The bike is equipped with network enable GPS system which communicates with smart phone application and the bike can be located anywhere in the world. The application is due in June. The bike can be unlock and lock also remotely by the application.
BMOS and NETWORK
The Motorino XMl is equipped with Bike Management Operating System (BMOS) that communicates with all bike electronic components and is responsible for testing them each time it is started. The GPS module, the security and communication module are incorporated in the BMOS. The BMOS can communicate with smart phone through Android and OS by 2G GPS connection and can transfer information about the battery state of charge, location of the bike, error reports, temperature, etc. When a centralized Motorino XMl server is install it will be capable to analyze each bike technical state and send individual messages if special maintenance or repair is required. The bike can be also remotely disabled by the application or automatically disabled if crosses a pre-set geofence. The Application and the server are due by the end of June
- 12” BOSCH 500W Nominal, 1.9KW peak power, 130Nm torque at
- External FOC with dynamic vector control algorithm for speed/torque ratio<br>BMOS connected and controlled electronic components
- 130 Nm at 250rpm
Standard Battery Pack
- 60V 26AH Panasonic Lithium-Ion battery pack
Optional Battery Pack
- Additional 60V 26AH Panasonic battery pack for double range
Power System Protection
- 60A resettable circuit breaker, low-voltage cut-out (by controller), Battery protected by BMS
- Li-Ion, 60V 5A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~6.5-hour charge time
- Fast Li-ion, 60V 10A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~3.0-hour charge time
12V Subsystem Converter
- DC/DC 60V<12V 10A (powers all lighting and accessory outlet)
USB Charging Port
- Motorcycle grade 220 mm front and 180mm rear disk hydraulic brakes
- regenerative, acting on rear wheel (via hub motor), triggered by front or rear brake actuation
- Inverted 700mmX35mm twin internal hydraulic shocks with 200mm travel distance
- Adjustable trailing arm over spring/hydraulic shock
- MT 1.5X17cast AL alloy
- 120/70-17” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
- MT 2.5×17” Aluminum alloy with integral 12” BOSH motor
- 120/70-17” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
Body & Chassis
- Racing type engineered, split concept Carbon steel/ 2024 Aluminum Alloy
- ABS composite, epoxy paint
- Foot-rest type, removable reversable
- Padded, double place, 76cm (30”) above ground
- An extra wide bright dashboard displays Current speed, Total mileage, Error codes, Controller temperature, Real time output current, Battery State of Charge, Distance per charge, trip distance and remaining distance, Ambient temperature and current time
- Dual rear-view mirrors, horn, dual high/low beam automotive grade LED headlights with running light, front and rear turn signals, tail light, brake light,
- License plate light
- Hazard lights, LED headlight bulb with focusing optic
- Keyless start, Built-in vibration sensitive alarm system with two remote controls, steering lock, electronic motor lock, OS and Android App monitored GPS, remote start, lock and disable function
- 32km/h (governed as per vehicle class regulation)
- Up to 80 km with single battery pack at full speed, no peddling, 150km with two sets battery
Load Incline [%] [Kg] [Lbs] 60 132 26 75 165 24 90 198 22 105 231 20 120 264 17
Weight (Without Battery Pack)
- 50kg (154lb)
Battery Pack Weight
- 11.6kg (26lb)
Optional Battery Pack Weight
- 11.6kg (26lb)
- 132cm (52”)
- 189cm (74”)
Maximum Payload Capacity, Including Rider(s)
- 115 kg (250 lb)
- GPS tracker
- Chain lock
- Alarmed disk brake lock
- Wheel lock
- Rain cover
- Cup holder
- Hand warmers