Warranty and Return Policy
Motorino warrants to the original retail purchaser (“you”) that the Greenwit Technologies’ product for which this warranty has been issued is free from defects in material and workmanship as follows:
- Motorino electric bicycles warranty period for the motor, controller, batteries and frame is the lesser of 12 months or 4,000km;
- Motorino electric scooters warranty period is as follows:
- Motor and Controller – the lesser of 2 years or 8,000km;
- Frame -and electrical components -the lesser of 12 months or 4,000km;
- SLA batteries – first month replaced; up to12 months prorated;
Li-Ion batteries – first month replaced, up to 18 months prorated;
- Electric Motorcycles warranty is as follows:
- Motor – the lesser of 24 months or 10,000km;
- Controller, electrical components; shock absorbers – the lesser of 24 months or 10,000km;
- Electric Off-Road bikes warranty period is as follows:
- Motor; controller – 6 months;
- Battery – 12 months prorated.
- All chargers come with a 6 months warranty.
If a product is found defective within the warranty period, Motorino will repair or replace the defective parts free of charge providing that the defective part is returned; shipping charges and labour are the customer’s responsibility.
Exclusions – Items not covered by Warranty:
The limited warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Products classed by the company as clearance sale come ‘as is’ with no warranty.
- Tires and tubes; Brake parts; All cables; Bulbs; Fuses; Foot pegs; Kickstands; Seat and hand grips; Storage Racks, and Accessories; Rubber parts; Body panels; Keys and alarm fobs.
- Failure as a result of improper repairs or alterations performed by the customer.
- Any repairs or replacements required as a result of accident or collision
- Any repairs or replacements required as a result of misuse, negligence, abnormal or insufficient care or has been damaged as a result of unauthorized modification, misuse, neglect, unauthorized service, or has been used in any way contrary to the operating instructions as specified in the Owner’s manual for this product.
- Any repairs required as a result of the vehicle not having received, during the warranty term, the service inspections prescribed in the bill of sale
- Any repairs required as a result of improper assembly, disassembly, adjustments or repair.
- The purchased product can be returned within seven days from the date of receiving, providing that it is in its original shape and package; accompanied with the original proof of sale and not ridden for more than 20km. 5% restocking fee applies to all refunds. Additional fee of $2 per km applies if the odometer shows more than 20km; shipping charges are not refunded. Exceptions: Motorcycles cannot be returned once registered and/or applied for rebate (where applicable).
- Items being returned because of damage in transit, incorrect item sent, or are faulty, will have the return shipping costs reimbursed to the customer. Please inform us in such cases as soon as you notice a discrepancy or damaged product.
- If the product has been purchased on promotion and other items have been delivered, the customer must return all such items as well or their cost will be deducted from the refund.
- The products on clearance sale cannot be exchanged or returned.
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Motorino or Greenwit be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set for herein. Some provinces or countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts and some do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from location to location. This warranty will be interpreted pursuant to the laws of Canada. The original English language version/meaning of this warranty controls over all translations and Greenwit is not responsible for any errors in translation of this warranty or any product instructions. This warranty is not intended to confer any additional legal, jurisdictional or warranty rights to you other that those set forth herein on required by law. If any portion of this warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such finding will not invalidate any other provision. For products purchased in countries other than Canada please contact Motorino authorized distributor in that respective country.
Warranties are handled by the specific dealership where the bike purchase is initiated.
This warranty is held with the original owner and is not transferrable from the original purchaser to any subsequent buyer(s).
Risks Inherent to Operations
Operating a Light Electric vehicle (LEV) involves risks and dangers that may cause serious bodily injury. These risks and dangers also include but are not limited to paralysis, disability, dismemberment, and death. Theses inherent risks may be the result of purchaser’s own actions or non-actions involving themselves, others, or specific circumstances of the activity occurring, or the neglect or negligence of themselves and or others. There may be other risks known or unknown to Purchaser. Purchaser assumes all risks and fully assumes and accepts responsibility for events that may not be foreseeable including economic loss, social distress, losses, costs, and damages caused because of person’s vehicle riding activities.
Purchaser understands the nature of riding LEV and acknowledges that he or she is qualified to operate a LEV as purchased from Greenwit. Person understands that they must abide by provincial or state laws and be in proper physical condition to ride a Motorino scooter. Purchaser is also responsible to inspect the motor vehicle before using it to make sure that the motor vehicle is safe to use and in riding order.
All towing charges incurred are the responsibility of the customer.