Super Soco TC
Exclusively from Motorino
Super Soco TC
Classified as Limited Speed Motorcycle (LSM) in Canada with max speed of 70km/h
Regular car driver’s license, registration and insurance is required.
Same road regulations as 49cc motorcycles.
The Super Soco TC is built on the same chassis as the Super Soco TS with extended swing arm but the motor power is 1,500W compared to 1,200W of the TS. This bike has recently become the most popular electric motorcycle in Europe. It has been called “the Tesla of the electric motorcycles”. What is distinctive about the Super Soco TC model is the symbiosis between the beautiful classic design, and the latest technology innovations relating to the battery, motor, controller. Combined with a well engineered body, the TC is the perfect piece of urban transportation that brings a smile on your face the moment you twist the throttle.
This bike is a collaborative project between companies like BOSCH, PANASONIC and other European companies who contribute not only to its immaculate design and outstanding performance but to its rigidity and durability as well.
Super Soco TC is built with 60V/30AH Panasonic high energy density lithium battery cells, the same batteries used in Tesla cars. Every single cell is 5mm apart from the adjacent cell, resulting in heat dissipation 4 times greater than conventional compact battery designs, thereby extending their lifespan. The battery pack is encased in an elegant and strong aircraft aluminum shell.
The battery compartment can take two batteries that will double its range.
A single battery can power the bike for 80 km on ECO mode and 50km at full speed. The batteries are also removable and can be charged on or off the bike. The battery BMS sophisticated algorithm dynamically calculates the State of Charge (SOC) and displays this on the dashboard in the form of remaining riding distance available.
The 12” BOSCH motor rotor is built into the cast aluminum wheel itself and it has been developed as precisely as a Swiss watch. The rated power of the motor is 1500 watts, but it can effortlessly support a peak power of 3500 watts (equivalent to more than five horse power) when accelerating or riding steep inclines. At full speed it rolls back to 800W when used on flat terrain, preventing overheating and extending the lifespan of the motor. Torque is the main performance specification of a bike and Super Soco TC boasts over 150NM torque at speed of 45km/h.
The heart of the bike--the controller--is encased in a one piece ribbed die-cast aluminum box for exceptional heat dissipation. It is mounted on the front of the bike for more efficient cooling although its oversized current ratings would allow it to stay cool even during long uphill rides. It is a Field Oriented Controller (FOC) which has a vector control algorithm that maintains efficiency in a wide range of speeds. This controller also dynamically takes into consideration torque changes according to the road conditions. Finally, it is equipped with a dedicated processor which monitors all electronic components ensuring a safe and efficient ride for you.
The quality of the mechanical parts of the Super Soco TC are no less impressive than the quality of the electrical components. The unique mechanical construction starts from the chassis that is designed on the basis of the split frame concept of a racing motorcycle. This allows both a robust and light construction. The front end is robot-welded carbon steel that is then painted by electrophoresis. This only weighs 6kg. The rear half of the frame is robot-welded aluminum alloy argon and subjected to T6 heat processing to the strength of 240MPa. This means the bike is strong enough to carry a load of up to 150kg (330lb).
SUSPENSION and COMFORT
Along with its impressive rigidity, Super Soco TC also comes with the comfort of exceptional suspension. The bike is supported by inverted 700mm long and 35mm wide motorcycle grade front shock absorbers. With 200mm travel distance, strong torsion resistance, and an aggressively positioned angle, it provides a comfortable ride even on rough terrain. The rear hydraulic and adjustable monoshock adds to the incredible comfort of Super Soco TC. This bike features a comfortable retro style padded seat and foot rests that are adjustable in 6 positions.
BRAKES and SAFETY features
Super Soco TS is equipped with a massive 220mm disk hydraulic double piston front brake with oversized floating callipers. Since on any bike the front brakes absorb 80% of the pressure of braking, this brake will more than handle any situation you are in. On the real wheel, a 180mm hydraulic disk brake is installed. Waterproofed switches on the rear and front brake levers activate the regenerative motor brakes thereby recuperating the kinetic energy and returning it to the battery.
The smooth regenerative braking is always applied prior to the mechanical braking, thus acting as an Anti Block System (ABS). The battery management algorithm also ensures that the maximum amount of converted electric power is utilized.
The head light is incorporated in elegant retro style enclosure. Six LED modules are fired in combinations for high/low beam and running head light. These provide brighter and wider illumination than the equivalent capabilities of a halogen headlight. Over 8000 lumens are concentrated in 35 degrees beam.
Thirty independent LEDs support the wide-angle daylight running light. The rear running and brake LEDs are wrapped around the rear end providing 270 degree visibility.
The front and rear LED turn signals are 40cm apart from each other that make this bike compliant as motorcycle.
DISPLAY, GAGES, SWITCHES
A combination of analogue/digital display is enclosed in a retro style dashboard. It displays Current speed and error codes, Total mileage, Controller temperature, Real time output current, Battery State of Charge, Distance per charge, trip distance and remaining distance, Ambient temperature and current time. Three electronic gear switch, hi/low beam headlight switch and motor kill switch are ergonomically position on the right-side handle bar.
Super Soco TC has a keyless start that only works with the proximity of its fob. It has mechanical and electronic theft protection devices. It is equipped with steering wheel lock that locks the handlebar in one position. Apart from that it is equipped with electronic keyless starting system that makes almost impossible to start the bike if you don’t have the remote ignition activation knob. The Motor automatically locks-up when the bike is armed.
BMOS and NETWORK
The Super Soco TC is equipped with Bike Management Operating System (BMOS) that communicates with all bike electronic components and is responsible for testing them each time it is started. The GPS module, the security and communication module are incorporated in the BMOS. The BMOS can communicate with smart phone through Android and OS by 2G GPS connection and can transfer information about the battery state of charge, location of the bike, error reports, temperature, etc. When a centralized Super Soco TC server is install it will be capable to analyze each bike technical state and send individual messages if special maintenance or repair is required. The bike can be also remotely disabled by the application or automatically disabled if crosses a pre-set geofence. The Application and the server are due by the end of June.
- 12” BOSCH 1500W Nominal, 3500W peak power, 150Nm peak torque
- External FOC with dynamic vector control algorithm for speed/torque ratio BMOS connected and controlled electronic components
- 150 Nm at 450rpm
Standard Battery Pack
- 60V 30AH Panasonic Lithium-Ion battery pack
Optional Battery Pack
- Additional 60V 30AH Panasonic battery pack for double range
Power System Protection
- 85A resettable circuit breaker, low-voltage cut-out (by controller), Battery protected by BMS
- Li-Ion outboard, 60V 5A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~6.5-hour charge time
- Fast Li-Ion outboard, 60V 10A Automatic Charger, 120VAC input ~3.0-hour charge time
12V Subsystem Converter
- DC/DC 60V<12V 10A (powers all lighting and accessory outlet)
USB Charging Port
Bluetooth Sound System
Hydraulic Disk Brakes
- Right Lever - activates Racer type 180 mm rear linked with 1sec delay to the 220mm front disk hydraulic brakes for avoiding jackknifing
- Left Lever – activates 180mm rear disk only
- regenerative, acting on rear wheel (via hub motor), triggered by front or rear brake actuation
- Inverted 700mmX35mm twin internal hydraulic shocks with 200mm travel distance
- Adjustable trailing arm over spring/hydraulic shock
- MT 1.5X17cast Aluminum alloy
- 90/80 -17” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
- MT 2.5×17” Aluminum alloy with integral 12” BOSH motor
- 110/70-17” tubeless motorcycle grade DOT-spec
Body & Chassis
- Racing type engineered, split concept Carbon steel/ 2024 Aluminum Alloy
- ABS composite, epoxy paint
- 6 positions for rider, adjustable in height for passenger
- Padded, double place, 76cm (30”) above ground
- Classic/LCD bright dashboard displays Current speed, Total mileage, Error codes, Real time output current, Battery State of Charge, trip distance and remaining distance, Ambient temperature and current time.
- Automatic Light mode estimating the ambient light for the right intensity
- Dual rear-view mirrors, horn, dual high/low beam automotive grade LED headlights with running light, front and rear turn signals, tail light, brake light
- License plate light
- Hazard lights, LED headlight bulb with focusing optic
- Keyless start, Built-in vibration sensitive alarm system with two remote controls, steering lock, Electronic lock of the rear wheel
- 70km/h as per LSM regulations
Mode Single Battery Double Battery Eco mode (45 km/h) 80 km 160 km Normal (62 km/h) 60 km 120 km Sport (70km/h) 50 km 100 km
Load Incline[%] Degree [Kg] [Lbs] 60 132 30 17 Deg 75 165 26.8 15 Deg 90 198 23 13 Deg 105 231 19.4 11 Deg 120 264 17.6 10 Deg
Dimensions & Weights
Weight (Without Battery Pack)
- 70.5kg (155lb)
Battery Pack Weight
- 13.5kg (30lb)
Optional Battery Pack Weight
- 13.5kg (30lb)
- 132cm (52”)
- 74cm (29”)
- 189cm (74”)
Maximum Payload Capacity, Including Rider(s)
- 115 kg (250 lb)
- GPS tracker
- Chain lock
- MP3/Blue Tooth hands free speaker
- Alarmed disk brake lock
- Wheel lock
- Rain cover
- Cup holder
- Hand warmers